[SOLVED] Unrecoverable Failure randomly occurs on startup

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Unrecoverable Failure randomly occurs on startup

Hi

I've been using SES for ARM 4.12 for a few years now for Nordic NRF52 seies. The PC on which it was installed started playing up so I replaced it with a new I9 24 core 32Gb Win11 device.

I installed & licenced the latest SES 7.32, but it wouldn't compile my project, throwing up compile or linker errors so I uninstalled and replaced with 4.12 so I can get on with my project for now. Project builds fine.

But I keep getting this error mainly on startup but sometimes on build:
    Unrecoverable Failure
    Internal error detected. SEGGER Embedded Studio must close.

It's not consistent: Maybe one in 4 times on startup? If I re-open SES it loads notmally which is weird.

How can I diagnose the cause? There are no other visible messages or logs that I can see.
    Images
    • segger error.png

11.84 kB, 396×175, viewed 96 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by NickA ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Are you maybe opening projects with the V4 version that you do not have a valid license for?
    Please also note that V7 projects may not necessarily work with V4 versions and won't open properly.

A similar issue is explained here:
    wiki.segger.com/Embedded_Studio_evaluation_period_error

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.