[SOLVED] How to upload a .hex file in a Segger Solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to upload a .hex file in a Segger Solution

Hello,
    I had a especial Bluetooth solution with Segger that I want to upload to a PCB with a J-Link connector.
    The solution is made in Segger.
    I had also an extra "out.hex" file that I'm sure I have to use, but I don't know exactly how to use it.
    This his ".hex" file is the result of merging the bootloader_setting.hex and the app.hex.

If I compile the solution with build and run, this extra ".hex" file is not involved.
    Do you know how to include it?

Thanks,

The post was edited 1 time, last by DanielN ().

• I would use screc_cat (part of the SRecord tools) to join both HEX files into one in a post-build step.
    Despite it's name, the tool can process many formats - including HEX.

J-Link driver installations in Windows come with a flashing tool, found under programs/Segger/J-Link<nnn>.
    You can use this tool to flash any supported file to any supported MCU.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can set additional binary or hex files to be loaded via project option Debug > Loader > Additional Load File[0]

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.