[ABANDONED] Bad performance on macOS (checked on Intel Macbook)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Bad performance on macOS (checked on Intel Macbook)

Hello,
    I have Intel MacBook Pro Retina from 2016 (MacOS 12.6.9), when opening context menus in different places or in general during navigation in Ozone, UI is very slow (checked with latest version). This is not due to low cpu performance or anything like that since there isn't really anything in the background. I noticed there are many topics on that issue so it would be nice if you could look into this issue.

previous topics on the issue:
    forum.segger.com/index.php/Thr…ability-on-macOS-Ventura/
    forum.segger.com/index.php/Thr…ems-with-no-icon-are-wro/
  • Hi chrishock & akohlsmith,

I just tried to reproduce the issue on...
    ...a MacBookPro (2016), macOS Monterey 12.7.2
    ...a MacBookPro (lat 2013), macOS Big Sur 11.7.10

I observe a delay when opening a context menu in Ozone which is in the same range as when opening a context menu on the desktop. So I cannot confirm that such an issue exists.

Could you please provide details on how to reproduce?

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

It's a bit difficult to upload video here due to size restrictions. Either I can maybe somehow send it in a private message or you can give me another solution. I've noticed this issue is more pronounced in certain context menus and less in the others basically there is noticeable lag between moving mouse and observing reaction to this movement in the context menu. The timeline window context menu has especially noticeable delay when reacting to the mouse movement, when selecting specific position in the timeline context menu.
  • Hi chrishock,
    we need to be able to reproduce the issue locally for a proper analysis. So a video might not be too helpful here: It would show things on your machine but still not give us information allowing an analysis.
    During my investigations in particular I looked into the timeline window. I've seen the cursors following the mouse cursor smoothly, and the context menu opening with a delay comparable to the delay when opening a context menu in the finder.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.