[SOLVED] Jlink 5V output

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink 5V output

segger.com/products/debug-prob…gy/interface-description/
    shows a 5 Volt output on pin 19 while there is no output at my Jlink on pin 19.
    Assume the 6 pin IC beside the uper left mounting hole is a voltage regulator,
    pin 2+3 have 5V while pin 6 (output ?) is 0Volt. Same behaviour at my JTrace.

Is this a HW problem or do I have to enable the output in Ozone ?
    Images
    • DSCF6824.JPG

773.81 kB, 2,048×1,536, viewed 380 times
  • The power pin is not enabled by default.

Please refer to:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Commander#Power

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks, I never used this command to enable 5V but we have a target what uses the 5 V pin already successfull. Maybe a former colleague enabled the 5V and all other used without knowing about. Will the permanent setup survive a Firmware update what occurs frequently if changing the Jlink between a Win and Linux Host ?

The POWER command works with both of my cables Jlink and Jtrace, while the VTREF command only works with Jtrace although Jlink purchase is much newer.

Firmware: J-Link V9 compiled May 7 2021 16:26:12
    Hardware: V9.30

Firmware: J-Trace PRO V1 Cortex-M compiled Jul 28 2021 10:11:34
    Hardware: V1.00

Are there any HW version prerequisites to use the Jlink commands ?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jan_vi ().

• Hi,

Yes, the “power on perm” survives firmware updates.

Your J-Link V9 is not really “newer” but only got a firmware update on May 7 2021. That does not make the model newer or more feature-rich. Some FW updates are bugfixes only.

The J-Link V9 hardware version does not support the fixed VTREF command.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.