[SOLVED] Using the J-Link VCOM Functionality With an On-Board Debugger

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using the J-Link VCOM Functionality With an On-Board Debugger

I have converted the on-board ST-Link on my STM32F4 board into a J-Link and wanted to use the VCOM functionality. I followed the instructions here:

Using J-Link VCOM functionality - SEGGER Wiki

And seem to have successfully enabled the VCOM as the J-Link port pops up in my Device Manager's list of Ports, and I can connect to it through Tera Term

What I am unsure of still is how exactly to interface with the on-board's VCOM. The page doesn't list a specific UART I should be using (if there is one) and obviously, unlike the external debugger, there's no pins to interface with. How can I forward bytes to and receive bytes from the on-board VCOM?
  • Hi,

The manual of the STM32F4 eval board should specify to which UART pins of the STM32F4 the on-board ST-LINK is connected.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.