AppWizard code generation of MainTask doesn't work as-it-is

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AppWizard code generation of MainTask doesn't work as-it-is

Hello,

I have a question about the MainTask generated by AppWizard. When I export and save a project with AppWizard, the while(1) of APPW_MainTask.c appears like this:

C Source Code

1. while (1) {
      2. APPW_Exec();
      3. GUI_X_Delay(5);
      4. }

I wasn't able to make the display work like this, as the uC sent only what apperas as a "clear" function (all 0x00 written to the LCD driver RAM) and then nothing else. However, here on the forum and on some other examples online, I found that people have the while(1) of the MainTask written like this:

Source Code

1. while (1) {
      2. while (GUI_Exec1())
      3. {
      4. APPW_Exec();
      5. }
      6. APPW_Exec();
      7. GUI_X_Delay(5);
      8. }
      I tried, and the display now works as intended. Why is that I have to manually add the "while (GUI_Exec1())"? Am I missing something on the project settings?

It bugs me that I have to keep the code on an external text file because everytime I edit the project from AppWizard I have to change the MainTask again.

Tanks!
    • Hello,

I guess I am the only one having this issue? What should the generated APPW_MainTask.c look like?

And if the code I get is correct, why doesn't the display ever update? It only updates if I edit the generated code as per my previous post.

It's not a big deal, but I'd like to understand what is happening