[SOLVED] Using J-Link EDU Mini on a Mac

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using J-Link EDU Mini on a Mac

I am sure this has been asked but my searches of the forum came up empty - apologies if I am repeating a topic:

I am developing an Open Source (non-commercial) ATMEL SAMD21G based board for the Particle community. I purchased a J-Link EDU as this is my first time with this new processor and I am not ready to step up to a $499 programmer until I have brought up a few boards and I know how many the community will need. I understand that if I do want to sell these boards in the future (perhaps to recoup manufacturing costs), I would need to purchase the non-educational version.

So, here is what I am trying to do - flash a custom boot loader onto the SAMD21G chip on my board. I downloaded J-Flash and was able to verify the board and load the boot loader. Everything was going well until I went to flash & verify and then I was told that I needed to buy a license. I am OK with that if the price is reasonable but when I looked at this page:

segger.com/purchase/pricing/jlink-related/

I was not able to see anything specific to J-Link EDU.

If I had a Windows machine, I could doesn't ATMEL studio for free and flash from there but my Mac does not have the resources to run a Windows VM.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Chip
  • Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Alex,

No, I had not seen that link but - THANK YOU - it looks like the solution I need.

In the mean time, I downloaded OpenOCD and was able to flash the SAMD21G with my J-Link EDU.

Wow, tried the J-Flash Lite - it worked like a charm. This is perfect for my development work!

I appreciate the help.

Chip