[SOLVED] NXP-RT1170 and memcpy on M7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] NXP-RT1170 and memcpy on M7

Hi all, as described here:
    [ABANDONED] Problems debugging M4 core of NXP RT1170 with Ozone (V3.28d) and J-Link Ultra+ debugger

I was trying to copy M4 FW into RAM from M7 core, and then launching M4 core once finished. I thought the problem was due to .jdebug of M4 core, but recently I realised the using Ozone in M7 project, it seems the Ozone is not able to debug the memcpy function. The same M7 project works using IAR + jLink.

To confirm this issue, I also tried using the original example of multicore project provided by NXP.
    SDK_2_13_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\multicore_examples\hello_world\cm7
    SDK_2_13_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\multicore_examples\hello_world\cm4

If you try using the CM7 project with Ozone, I'm not able to memcpy of hello_world_core0.c. I got the error shown in error.png

I got the same error if I ran the example without debugging.

Can you address me to find out what the problem is?
    Please keep in mind that M7 is trying to copy M4 FW from external Flash to internal RAM, 0x20200000 as described from NXP reference manual (memory.png)

Many thanks!
    Images
    • error.png

228.41 kB, 1,909×999, viewed 377 times
    • memory.png

23.91 kB, 720×142, viewed 340 times
  • Hi Tzan,

could you please check if the issue persists with the latest version of Ozone?

Did you take heed of the suggestions you already received in the old thread you referenced?

Probably your device has a boot loader. For debugging devices with a boot loader, please have a look at this WIKI page: wiki.segger.com/Debug_on_a_Target_with_Bootloader. Since you are also intending to debug RAM code, please also have a look at this WIKI page: wiki.segger.com/Ozone_Debug_and_Trace_with_RAM_Functions.

Does that help you in resolving your issue?

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi AlexD,
    Installing the latest version of Ozone (v3.30b) fixed this issue.

Right now, I'm able to debug mempy function and, especially I can debug both cores (M7 and M4) simultaneously using two Ozone!
    Many thanks!

Best Regards!
    Tzan
  • Hi tzan,
    good to hear you are up and running again.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.