Selecting ECM/NCM/RNDIS in IPoverUSB?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Selecting ECM/NCM/RNDIS in IPoverUSB?

I'm evaluating emNet and trying to determine if I need more than CDC-NCM in this day and age. My target OSes are iPadOS, Windows 11, and optionally MacOS and Arch Linux (e.g. SteamDeck).

I can't find a way to use the evaluation kit for the SAME70XPlained Pro/Ultra to configure CDC-ECM/NCM/RNDIS. While I see references to USBD_ECM_Add, etc. in UM09001_emUSBD, I don't see where in the sample code this gets called or configured. My best guess is that I have object-code only for embOS and so there is some hardcoded ECM/NCM/RNDIS configuration down inside the object code.

Thoughts?
  • If you are only targeting the mentioned OSes, CDC-NCM would be the protocol to choose. If you are interested in NCM only, please send us a request via the support ticket system.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.