[SOLVED] SES hangs on startup, win10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SES hangs on startup, win10

All of a sudden today by SES both 5.70 (Nordic edition) and 7.20 hang on starting on win10. I use day2day 5.70 at this point and I've used this on many projects and have some open projects I'm working on. Today when I came into it, it started up normally with the dashboard page waiting to open a project on my list of projects. I have menu bars and all that but when I click on a project (or attempt to use the file->open project) it just hangs and does nothing. No CPU usage. can't click on anything past that and have to kill it with task manager.

I looked up an old post [SOLVED] Opening file causes crash on Win10 to see if it helps. When I do what it suggests here, it hangs completely when it comes up -- no menus, nothing...

Anything I can look at to see what it's troubled about?

The post was edited 1 time, last by rjl ().

• [SOLVED] SES hangs on startup, win10

After hours of trying all kinds of things, I rebooted my system and now this runs great as usual.

Who knows what that's about, but reinforcing the mantra to reboot and then worry.
  • Hi,
    good to hear that the problem could be resolved by a reboot!

As the issue is resolved, we will close this thread now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.