[ABANDONED] Getting Orange LED in JTAG & unable to flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Getting Orange LED in JTAG & unable to flash

Hello Team!

I'm getting an orange LED & unable to flash through JTAG with JLINK version 7.88h (firmware version J-Link V11 built Jun 6, 2023, 10:49:053) while I try to link the JTAG (JLink Plus) with the platform.

Prior until now, the issue was not present while using the same JTAG and platform.

I verified the device by downgrading the firmware to versions 7.70c and 7.70d for July and August of 2022, respectively.
    We were unable to encounter this problem with this two firmware's; I can connect and flash through JTAG, but I also cannot see the orange LED.

If we installed the most recent version of JLink, such as 7.88h, the firmware would automatically update to the June 6, 2023, firmware version, which would interfere with connections to Linux machines.

Please fix this problem and give us the most recent firmware because we believe that it is the latest firmware that is causing it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sathishkumar-rk ().

• Hi,

We need more information:
    1) What target device (manufacturer and device name) are you using?

2) A screenshot of the actual error message you get.

3) Unfortunately, your analysis is only half-way useful because you changed 2 „variables“: The software version AND firmware version.
    What happens if you leave the firmware on „Jun 6, 2023“ and use that with software version 7.70c / 7.70d?
    Does it work? If yes, the firmware is not the source of the problem but the PC software is.

4) Can you please send a logfile of a failing session?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file#The_generic_way
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Please find our information as below,

1) What target device (manufacturer and device name) are you using?

We are using i.MXRT1160 EVK platform (nxp.com/design/development-boa…uation-kit:MIMXRT1160-EVK).

2. What happens if you leave the firmware on „Jun 6, 2023“ and use that with software version 7.70c / 7.70d?

Once we upgrade to firmware version 6.06.2023 with 7.70c and 7.70d, it stops working.
    We are getting orange LED in JTAG & also we cant able to flash through JTAG.

Shortly we will send the logfile of failing session
  • Hello team,

Tried to capture the logfile as mentioned above, Getting empty file, not getting any content in the file(unable to connect- getting orange LED in JLink).
    During that time getting pop up as "Requested 2 bytes , but received 0 Bytes".