[ABANDONED] Add an assert if SEGGER_RTT_MAX_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY is not set correctly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Add an assert if SEGGER_RTT_MAX_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY is not set correctly

I recently debugged this hard-to-debug issue which turned out to be incorrect value of SEGGER_RTT_MAX_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY- forums.freertos.org/t/systick-…getting-disabled/17676/13.

I think adding an assert to ensure that SEGGER_RTT_MAX_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY is set to the value of configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY will make detecting these kind of mis-configurations much easier.

Thanks.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Both the SystemView manual and RTT sources states what needs to be done with SEGGER_RTT_MAX_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY.
    It is up to the user to act upon it.

We will check if the documentation can be made clearer, but there are no plans to alter the RTT sources in that regard as RTT is used in more software and products than just SystemView.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for your response. I think the documentation is clear. Is there a case when SEGGER_RTT_MAX_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY can have a different value than configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY? If yes, then I agree that RTT sources cannot have that assert. Alternatively, is it possible to add an assert in SeggerSystemView or do something else to catch this mis-configuration?
  • Hi,

Unfortunately an assert in SystemView itself would not be possible.
    What we could do maybe is add something to SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Config_FreeRTOS.c as this is FreeRTOS specific.
    Do you have a proposal?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.