[SOLVED] Ozone Segger automation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone Segger automation

Hello Team,

I am working with segger Jlink Trace and Ozone tools for my automotive software testing software qualification and integration testing.
    I am looking for an automation solution to this testing procedure. Where I do all the testing what ozone is capable of in automation.
    Can you help me with this ?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

In Ozone you can automate any action that you can do via the GUI.
    wiki.segger.com/Automated_Tests_with_Ozone

Ozone can then be started via the command line and your Ozone project which contains the automation steps will simply be run.
    But this won't work on a headless system as Ozone requires a GUI.

An alternative for automated tests via command line would be J-Run:
    segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/tools/j-run/

Should both tools not fit your needs exactly you can always get our J-Link SDK and simply create your own custom automation software that fits your needs exactly:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for your response. :)

We are more interested in your first option.
    Here we liked to know if we can do automation testing using Ozone Automation for specific controller configuration. We are using NXP - S32K118, Cypress - 4147,4146. For this my testing are ASPICE SWE5 and SWE6 level. This includes all the capabilities Ozone is capable of.
    Could you please help me with this insight ?
    Also, in addition to this, if there is a possibility to give us customised features for this automation tool if required ?

In addition if possible, my team is also open for a call to discuss this conversation further.

Thanks once again.
  • Hello,

With Ozone you can do breakpoint based testing. If that is sufficient for your testing levels then yes you can use Ozone.

tanmay wrote:

Also, in addition to this, if there is a possibility to give us customised features for this automation tool if required ?
    No. That is what the J-Link SDK is for.

tanmay wrote:

In addition if possible, my team is also open for a call to discuss this conversation further.
    Sorry, not possible at this time. The provided links should answer any questions.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.