[SOLVED] J-Mem Fill memory area

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Mem Fill memory area

Hi,

I want to fill a certain memory area with a value in J-Mem.
    For instance, I want to fill 0x00000000 till 0x0010000 with value 5F, then I only see the values updated in the visible screen area.

Lets say the visible screen area is from 0x00000000 till 0x000007E0, I only see those values there. If I make the screen smaller or larger I see a larger area updated. So it looks to me like it only updates it in the visible screen area and not in the region I entered in the "Fill memory area".

Is this correct behavior and if so how can I fill the entered area?
  • Hi,

Alex asked me to investigate the behavior you reported.
    I gave this a quick try using the most recent version of J-Mem (V7.88d) and everything worked as expected.
    The memory from 0x0000_0000 to 0x0001_0000 was filled with 0x5F, even the range outside of the area visible in the J-Mem window.

Could you please download and install the most recent version of the J-Link software package and give J-Mem a try again?
    Does it work as expected for you now?
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack

BR
    Leon
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.