[ABANDONED] J-Scope crashes when parsing .out file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Scope crashes when parsing .out file

I have seen a few posts like this while searching, but nothing fit my criteria.
    I am using an STM32G473VE compiled using IAR 9.10.2. Attempting to use J-Scope V7.88b will crash approximately 5% through the "Parsing ELF File" dialog.
    Any suggestions?
  • Just tried with V7.88c with no luck. The change log doesn't mention anything related to ST MCUs, but I figured trying with the latest version is best practice anyways.

I am able to successfully run J-Scope using other STM32G473xx variants with the same compiler settings as my STM32G473VE (with the target set to the correct MCU of course).
    I also tried looking for supported IAR compiler versions for J-Scope in the wiki and release notes. I couldn't find it, but if that exists I would love to have that! I noticed on a different thread with a similar issue the fix had to do with using an older version of the GCC compiler, so I figured this could be a similar issue.
  • Has a fair chance of being a DWARF 5 problem as well (not sure what DWARF version IAR V9.10.2 uses).

I will push the DWARF 5 support internally,
    as this is going to be a growing problem,
    the more compilers are using DWARF 5 by default.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • The IAR version I am using is 9.10.2 and in the release notes for that version it says "The object format used in the compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger is based on the ARM ABI standard version 2.10 with ELF/DWARF 4". Even the latest IAR version states DWARF 4 as the version used.