[ABANDONED] Getting own RTOSRlugin for gdb server working on macOS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Getting own RTOSRlugin for gdb server working on macOS

I literally cannot get this to work due to the signing restrictions on macOS (building my on RTOSPlugin and using it with the gdb server). Works fine on windows and Linux. Has anyone been able to build their own RTOS plugin and go it to play nicely with the gdb server? The general class of error I get is this:

```
    Loading RTOS plugin: //Users/andypiper/Documents/GitHub/ChibiOS-JLink-RTOS-Plugin/Debug/macos_x86_64/libRTOSPlugin_ChibiOS_Debug.so...
    Error: dlopen(//Users/andypiper/Documents/GitHub/ChibiOS-JLink-RTOS-Plugin/Debug/macos_x86_64/libRTOSPlugin_ChibiOS_Debug.so, 0x0001): tried: '//Users/andypiper/Documents/GitHub/ChibiOS-JLink-RTOS-Plugin/Debug/macos_x86_64/libRTOSPlugin_ChibiOS_Debug.so' (code signature in <050538F6-F7A0-3699-A0B6-E4D0432E1CCC> '/Users/andypiper/Documents/GitHub/ChibiOS-JLink-RTOS-Plugin/Debug/macos_x86_64/libRTOSPlugin_ChibiOS_Debug.so' not valid for use in process: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs)
    ```

I've tried all sorts of signing hacks but nothing works. I've also tried macenhance.com/docs/general/sip-library-validation.html - also does not work. Feels like segger need to do something on their end to get this to work.
  • As far as I can tell this is impossible on later versions of mac with the signing options that segger have chosen. Feels like segger needs to provide a developer version of the server that has the signing options removed.
  • Would it be possible to DM / otherwise send us your plugin as an unsigned *.dylib?

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Actually Alex, what would really help is if you release the source code to your ChibiOS RTOS plugin. I do not understand why you do not do this - the current plugin is essentially useless because it supports a very old version of ChibiOS and Vitaly and myself are trying to construct a new one. But why not just donate your code to the ChibiOS project? It essentially has no commercial value and you would reduce your suport burden if the ChibiOS project maintained it.
  • Actually Andy, what would really help is some cooperation.
    I did not really ask for a working dylib but more for a reproducer to solve the original problem, as we could verify the fix immediately with your dylib instead of sending preliminary versions back and forth.

Regarding the plugin source: It is not in my hands making it open source or not, neither to judge if it has a commercial value for the company.
    I will report this to my management but cannot promise anything at this point.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.