[SOLVED] JFlash does not erase sector correctly on MSPM0L1306

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JFlash does not erase sector correctly on MSPM0L1306

Hi there,

Recently, I am using JFlash to program my MCU MSPM0L1306.
    In our design, we want to preserve some data in some sectors. For example, we want the sector 0-1 (total 2) not to be erased during the later firmware flash. So we created multiple JFlash projects which specify different sectors in each project.
    However, when we practice on that, we realize that even we try to operate "erase selected sectors", the flash always get erased at 0x0-0x37FF or 0x0-0x3BFF whatever.

It that a bug, or some limitation of JFlash loader? I attached my project file (which is user app, but similar). The log indicated the sectors are selected correctly (15 of 64 sectors selected, 2 ranges, 0x4000 - 0x77FF, 0x41C00000 - 0x41C001FF), but actual erase happened on 0x0-0x37FF. I verified this by immediate entire chip read after the erase.

Thanks!
    Files
    • user_app.jflash

(2.09 kB, downloaded 299 times, last: )
  • Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in response.

We were able to replicate the issue and fix it.
    A fix will be part of the next J-Link Software release planned for some time tomorrow (V7.88k).
    It will be available for download here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.