[SOLVED] package update fails under Mint Mate 21.1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] package update fails under Mint Mate 21.1

I recently reanimated an older laptop, installing Linux Mint Mate 21.1 (the 64-bit version).
    One of the first applications I installed was the latest SES version (V7.12a), which went smoothly as well.

Only the package manager fails to download any package lists, complaining about "Request aborted".
    All the internet/proxy settings seem ok, I downloaded the packages on the same PC and installed them manually (using the respective menu option).

I am not sure if this is a problem in SES, or the Mint distribution.
    Package access works fine with SES V7.10 and a Mint Cinnamon 20.2.
    Perhaps some group membership missing ?
    "dialout" it is not, it seems.

By the way, the manual package installation confused me in the beginning as well.
    Selecting 3 or 4 packages at once, SES was unresponsive for 10...15 seconds with no feedback after clicking ok.
    Though everything went fine.
  • Hi Frank,

thank you for your inquiry.

The described behavior could be reproduced.
    We are already working on a solution for the described behavior.
    As soon as there are any news we will get back to you.

Best Regards,

Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I have the same problem on Ubuntu and I think something is broken with the package manager infrastructure.

Here is what I have when I try to update the package list from the command line:

Source Code

1. $ /opt/segger/bin/pkg update -verbose
    2. Downloading 'http://studio.segger.com/packages/package.lst' to '/home/aabadie/.segger/SEGGER Embedded Studio/v3/packages/downloads'
    3. Downloading Package List
    4. error: Request aborted

I have a similar error message ("Request Aborted") when doing this from Segger Embedded Studio desktop application. I tried with versions 7.12a and 6.80.

The post was edited 1 time, last by aabadie ().

• The problems seems to be gone now.
    What I have done was the usual update routine on a Ubuntu/Mint PC (apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get dist-upgrade).
    I can see all avaiable packages now, and install them from the manager.
    Most probably was really a problem with distribution, it seems to still have a few rough edges.
  • Hello Frank,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this case as closed now.

Best Regards,

Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.