[SOLVED] (Find IC's Name) Unable to communicate between the computer and J-link Plus Compact

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] (Find IC's Name) Unable to communicate between the computer and J-link Plus Compact

Hi all, I currently have a J-link Plus Compact kit, but now when I connect to the computer, the COM port is not displayed, I checked, the components were damaged near the connection port like the red circle in the picture. Does anyone know what it is an IC with P/N? Please let me know to replace it
    Images
    • J-Link Plus Compact.png

392.1 kB, 531×434, viewed 117 times
  • Hi,
    Before replacing anything, did you make sure that VCOM was not disabled for the J-Link Compact?
    wiki.segger.com/Using_J-Link_VCOM_functionality

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    sorry for the delay in response.
    Even though it is probably not required anymore, please find the answer below:

In general we recommend to make use of our trade-in program in such a case:
    segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/

The damaged part is an ESD-Protection.
    You could try to unsolder the part and check if the OB still works, as it also works without the part.
    If so, you can replace the part with a new IC (On Semi NUP4114UCW1T2G).
    If it does not, more parts were damaged by the over current and the whole J-Link is unusable.

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.