[SOLVED] RTT control block missing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTT control block missing

Hi,
    I have integrated Systemview on my target with ARM9 CPU SAM9x60. As this is ARM9 it does not support RTT and hence I am trying for singleshot. My interface to board is Jlink. When I start SystemView on my PC and select Target->Start Recording, it shows be messages as in attachment1.

When I click on OK, the other message Recorder starting remains for some time and green progress runs quickly and message box closes. After that I select Target->Read Recorded Data and it gives me message1 as in attachment 2.

Click on OK and all windows remains blank. Can anyone please suggest what is wrong here?

Thanks,
    Pradeep
  • Hello,

in case your target does not support RTT, you need to save the data recording from the target to a file on the host system.
    This is explained in the manual here: segger.com/doc/UM08027_SystemView.html#Single_shot_recording

In short, following steps are required:
    - Halt the application with the debugger when either the recording is done or the buffer is full
    - Get the RTT buffer address and number of bytes used (usually _SEGGER_RTT.aUp[1].pBuffer and _SEGGER_RTT.aUp[1].WrOff)
    - Save the used bytes from the buffer to a *.SVDat or *.bin file
    - Open the file in Ozone using File -> Load Data

Best regards,
    Sebastian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.