[SOLVED] Systemview with Microchip SAM9x60 and Jlink Base Compact

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Systemview with Microchip SAM9x60 and Jlink Base Compact

Hi,
    I have SAM9x60 board with FreeRTOS based test application. I want to check Systemview usage to analyze the tasks in test application. I have Jlink Base compact hardware module to connect SAM9x60 board. I want to know if SystemView can be used with SAM9x60 MCU with Jlink Base compact.

Thanks,
    Pradeep
  • Hello Pradeep,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Generally SystemView should work in your case, but there are some limitations:
    Arm9 does not support background memory access, so continuous mode with RTT cannot be used.
    So only single-shot or post-mortem mode can be used.
    You can find more information regarding these modes in the manual.

Alternatively you may use UART or IP as interface instead of using J-Link, as this is also supported when using Arm9

You can find more information regarding SystemView with FreeRTOS here:
    wiki.segger.com/FreeRTOS_with_SystemView

And for more information regarding SystemView with UART:
    wiki.segger.com/Use_SystemView_UART_Recorder

Best regards,
    Sebastian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thankyou Sebastian.
    I want to check in my test application as for how much time all tasks remains idle and is it possible to detect things like memory corruption by any task. I will purposely introduced some memory corruption by overloading buffers and let task corrupt the memory and may cause system to crash. In such a case will SystemView be able to show problems? Will I need RTT for detection tasks idle time and application crashing issues?

Thanks,
    Pradeep
  • Hello,

in case the recording works while the system is crashing (and the target can still be accessed afterwards) the recording should still show the corruption.
    But SystemView may not record everything fine enough. In such cases tracing may be preferable.

RTT is only used as input here. As long as the idle time or crashing issue is part of the recording, it can be shown in SystemView.

Best regards,
    Sebastian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.