[SOLVED] Is Analog Devices ADAU1860 supported by J-Trace ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Is Analog Devices ADAU1860 supported by J-Trace ?

Hi,

Analog Devices ADAU1860 page mentions "mIDAS-Link emulator", which is SEGGER's OEM version of J-Link.

At the same time, ADAU1860 is not listed among supported devices from Analog. Neither it is listed in Release Notes. Though, support for Cadence Xtensa HiFi 3z was added in version 7.70 of DLL.

So, there are good chances that ADAU1860 is supported, but I want to be sure.

Questions are:
    • Can I debug and trace ADAU1860 with J-Trace ?
    • If not, can I trace ADAU1860 with mIDAS-Link ?

Kind regards,
    Vadim Barshaw

The post was edited 1 time, last by vadim.b: Added Tensilica HiFi 3z. ().

• Hi Vadim,

The ADAU1860 seems to incorporate an HiFi 3z core from Cadence.
    While this core is supported, the ADAU1860 has not been tested.

HiFi core support is currently limited to Xtensa Xplorer IDE via GDBServer.
    There is no HiFi core support outside these tools (apart from basic operations via J-Link Commander).

So you may or may not be able to debug the ADAU1860 via Xtensa Xplorer + J-Link.
    Has not been tested so no guarantees are given.
    Trace is definitely not supported. (There is not even a J-Trace model with HiFi core support)

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.