[SOLVED] J-Link OB as an "External Tool" into e2studio / eclipse just to Flash the MCU?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link OB as an "External Tool" into e2studio / eclipse just to Flash the MCU?

I have found many tutorials on how to compile and debug a project on the Renesas EK-RA2A1 demo board with the e2studio IDE (eclipse). Even when you create a new project the debugger is set by default.
    But I haven't found anywhere how to configure the J-Link OB that comes with the EK-RA2A1 as an "External Tool" in e2studio (eclipse) to just flash the microcontroller in release mode. I don't want to debug.

Can anyone tell me how this "External Tool" is configured for the Renesas R7FA2A1AB MCU, or another equivalent.?

Arguments: ??????????
    Images
    • J-Link as External Tool.jpg

59.92 kB, 574×599, viewed 142 times
  • Wrong forum to ask.
    This is regarding configuration of Renesas e2studio.
    I am not even sure if what you are trying to do is possible.
    I recommend to check with Renesas.

By the way:
    If you only want to flash the micro, why firing up a whole Eclipse environment when there are many much more performant ways?
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…-for-development-purposes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Sorry, but the tool is a J-Link OB from SEGGER and e2studio is just another eclipse.
    I have already found how to flash the project with J-Link OB as an External Tool in e2studio/eclipse.
    Instead of using the SEGGER software I use "Renesas Flash Programmer" Usage from Comman Line:

[img]https://community.renesas.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/48/pastedimage1678374910534v1.png[/img]
  • JavierSVE wrote:

and e2studio is just another eclipse.
    Well, I would not take that for sure.
    Under the hood, Renesas did a lot of stuff and initially broke things that were working in a vanilla Eclipse.
    So it is not necessarily just "another" Eclipse.

JavierSVE wrote:

Sorry, but the tool is a J-Link OB from SEGGER
    Correct, but neither there is support provided directly by SEGGER, for J-Link OBs, nor e2studio and its features / configuration is SEGGER-related.

JavierSVE wrote:

I have already found how to flash the project with J-Link OB as an External Tool in e2studio/eclipse.
    Great. Considering that the screenshot you provided comes from the Renesas community, confirms that you are are in good hands at Renesas for these kind of questions :)

JavierSVE wrote:

Instead of using the SEGGER software I use "Renesas Flash Programmer" Usage from Comman Line:
    It's a free world. You may use whatever fits best. :)
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.