[SOLVED] Flashloader support JLink Commander 7.60 or older verson

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flashloader support JLink Commander 7.60 or older verson

Dear Support,

1. Where could I find the flash loader documrent to support older version?
    Currnet WiKi only provide documents for newer.
    I would like to know how the erase command work with older version of flash loader?
    What I found api for erase only eraseChip/eraseSectors but no Erase as "SEGGER_FL_Erase" does.
    Or the older version of flash loader does not required flash bankinfo and flash loader?

2. When provide flash bankinfo in my device.xml, it seems must to provide flash loader, even I see the AlwaysPresent="0". Is it normal? From J-Link_Device_Support_Kit, AlwaysPresent => Specifies if a flash bank is always present (e.g. internal flash). If this element is set to 1, this flash bank will be affected by the "erase" command.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Sharon
  • Hello,

yes, no thread bumping.
    Please understand that this is not a support forum. If you qualify for support please use our support channels as explained in my signature.

There is no guarantee that you will receive an answer via this forum.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

I know that I no guarantee to receive any answer via this forum, but I have no idea that my post was deleted?
    I just expect that maybe some others will share his experience. Or give me some direction or suggestion.

So if I would like to have the flashloader documents for old version, I should submit request to support channels? Thanks for the information.

Best regards,
    Sharon
  • Hi Sharon,

sharon wrote:

but I have no idea that my post was deleted?
    As said before. Thread bumping is not allowed.

J-Link team will answer when they have time.
    If you require a guaranteed and fast response we recommend to use our official support channels.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Sharon,

sharon wrote:

1. Where could I find the flash loader documrent to support older version?
    The older documentation is not available anymore, as it is a discontinued product.

sharon wrote:

When provide flash bankinfo in my device.xml, it seems must to provide flash loader, even I see the AlwaysPresent="0". Is it normal?
    If you specify a new flash bank via the xml, you definitively have to add a flash loader.
    Otherwise it would not really make sense to specify it, as no flash programming is possible without a flash loader.

sharon wrote:

From J-Link_Device_Support_Kit, AlwaysPresent => Specifies if a flash bank is always present (e.g. internal flash). If this element is set to 1, this flash bank will be affected by the "erase" command.
    The "Erase" command refers to the J-Link Commander "Erase" command.
    It means that the bank will not be automatically erased when issuing this command.
    This is used for e.g. QSPI flash banks, as these usually do not necessarily have to be connected to the MCU, so
    trying to erase them would always lead to an error. To prevent this, the bank can be added as not always present.

BR
    Fabian