[ABANDONED] RTT Viewer Resetting Target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] RTT Viewer Resetting Target

Sorry for the basic question but I couldn't manage to find an answer already posted or in the documentation.

I have recently started experimenting with RTT as a console debug solution. Whenever I connect with the RTT viewer, my target resets. Is this expected or do I have something misconfigured?

I couldn't find any setting that would force a reset when connecting.

I am using Version 7.82b on an Arm Cortex-M4F MCU.

Thanks,
    Keith
  • Hi,

This depends on your particular MCU / device (e.g. Infienon XMC4200...), rather than only the core (e.g. ARM Cortex-M4).
    There are MCUs for which J-Link performs a reset as part of the connect.
    For example, the Infineon XMC4xxx series devices: wiki.segger.com/XMC4xxx_series#Attach_to_running_application

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    Connecting to the Apollo 3 devices should not trigger a reset by default,
    so connecting with the J-Link RTT Viewer should also not do so.

Could you please
    1) tell us what lead you to the conclusion that the device is reset on connect?
    2) send us a picture of the Configuration Dialog of the J-Link RTT Viewer?
    3) send us J-Link Log file of the RTT Viewer session that presumably resets the device? How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.