[ABANDONED] build fails with embuild because of wrong arguments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] build fails with embuild because of wrong arguments

I am trying to build my nrf5 sdk v16 project in command line using embuild.exe but it fails with an error in step: Generating linker script 'projectName.ld' error: unknown option option -target
    I am using the following command:

Shell-Script

1. emBuild.exe blinky_pca10056.emProject -config "Debug" -verbose -rebuild

using the option '-echo' in above command, I see following command being executed in the failed step:

Shell-Script

1. 1>Generating linker script 'blinky_pca10056.ld'
    2. 1>C:/Program Files/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 4.12/bin/mkld -target arm -memory-map-segments FLASH RX 0x0 0x100000;RAM RWX 0x20000000 0x40000 -section-placement-file flash_placement.xml -check-segment-overflow -check-section-overflow -symbols __STACKSIZE__=8192;__STACKSIZE_PROCESS__=0;__HEAPSIZE__=8192 -section-placement-macros FLASH_PH_START=0x0;FLASH_PH_SIZE=0x100000;RAM_PH_START=0x20000000;RAM_PH_SIZE=0x40000;FLASH_START=0x0;FLASH_SIZE=0x100000;RAM_START=0x20000000;RAM_SIZE=0x40000 C:/sportident/six/extern/nrf5_sdk/examples/peripheral/blinky/pca10056/blank/ses/Output/Debug/Obj/blinky_pca10056/blinky_pca10056.ld
    3. 1>error: unknown option option -target
    If mkld tool inside segger installation folder does not expect -target command option why is it being passed?

I am using SES v4.12 (I have also tried, v4.18, v5.44, v5.68 wihout any success).

The relevant ticket on nordic dev forum, just in case, can be found here.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Please understand that we do not provide support for such old Embedded Studio versions as they are out of maintenance and thus support.

Is the issue reproducible with the latest Embedded Studio version V7.12 as well?
    If yes could you provide an example project for reproduction with reproduction steps?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.