[SOLVED] Setting up Ozone with J-link pro first time. Having issue with 1) FreeRTOSPlugin.js 2) Attach

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Setting up Ozone with J-link pro first time. Having issue with 1) FreeRTOSPlugin.js 2) Attach

I am a new user and trying to setup Ozone with J-link Pro. I am running into few errors a following. Kindly help.

Platform - Xilinx Ultrascale+ (CORTEX-A53), OS - FreeRTOS.
    I started ozone with device = CORTEX-A53, Target interface = JTAG, Host interface = USB.
    First it complained about not being able to find out FreeRTOSPlugin.js/dll. I looked up Ozone install folder for the OS plugin. I noticed varied flavors of FreeRTOS_***.js are present. To keep Ozone happy, I renamed FreeRTOSPlugin_ARM.js to FreeRTOSPlugin.js. Which allowed Ozone to proceed.
    However, when I tried to attach using Debug ->start debugging session -> attach to running program (as well as Attach n Halt program), I get following errors.
    Please help, how can I attach the running app and/or start debugging (my App) on target.

Thank you!

Debug.SetConnectMode (CM_ATTACH);
    Debug.Start();
    Device "CORTEX-A53" selected.
    TotalIRLen = 16, IRPrint = 0x000751
    JTAG chain detection found 2 devices:
    #0 Id: 0x00000001, IRLen: ?, Unknown device
    #1 Id: 0x14730093, IRLen: ?, Unknown device
    Connect failed. Resetting via Reset pin and trying again.
    CPU-TAP not found in JTAG chain
    Connect failed. Resetting via Reset pin and trying again.
    CPU-TAP not found in JTAG chain
    Connection failed.
  • Hi Ekengr,

please open a support ticket against J-Link in our ticket system. For doing so, please follow the link in my the footer of my post.

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi again, ekengr,

The FreeRTOS topic is not related to the connection topic. For details on how to include the FreeRTOS plug-in please refer to section 7.9.14.10 in the Ozone user's manual.

You should not rename the .js-file but adapt the statement in your Ozone project file so it matches the MCU architecture you use.

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.