[SOLVED] SES JLink Device config not work in Connect download or debug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SES JLink Device config not work in Connect download or debug

SES JLink Device config not work in Connect download or debug

I am working on MIMXRT1052 develop board, i want to move all NXP SDK to SES. ALL compile ok , just download and debug not work.
    I have ref the SES MIMXRT1052 Templete Project that not useful for my issue

MIMXRT1052 dosen't have a flash on chip,so i need a Jlink download algorithm for my chip
    > github.com/JayHeng/RT-UFL
    i use this one , it add a serial of NXP device with a universal download algorithm, i have test it ,it work well, J-Link Commander could work with the algorithm(last pic show it).
    Also the algorithm could work in MCUXPresso IDE,Keil,IAR.

When i change the config of SES , it cant work. When connect device , SES always use MIMXRT1052xxxB,not my settings,you could see the situation in pic3

I am using the SES 7.10a and 7.10, all cant change the connecting device, could you fix it? or is there something i didnt change?
    Images
    • 202302171936594.png

18.23 kB, 883×321, viewed 159 times
    • 202302171936784.png

13.98 kB, 679×251, viewed 153 times
    • 202302171935784.png

20.86 kB, 558×433, viewed 155 times
    • 202302171940365.png

48.73 kB, 964×1,232, viewed 235 times
  • i found a temp solution that could chaneg the project jlink script, when connect or download,ses wii call the script.

i change the device in script to "Device="MIMXRT1050_UFL_L0", and then connect right and downlaod ok.

but i think the script should be synced by the settings
  • Hello elmagnificose,

Could you elaborate what evalboard you are using, and which external FLASH is used?

Best Regards,

Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • we make our own board ,but it's ref IMXRT1052 EVK board (origin flash chip is IS25WP064A or IS26KS512S)

Our flash chip is winbond25Q32JVS, default jlink use MIMXRT1052XXXXB cant flash or debug , that's why i use the RT-UFL as jlink plugin for download and debug.

After several days work, i fonud RT-UFL also not work perfectly ,some ram config would make board hard to debug or flash

if i use keil,all work fine , keil has a Qspi general download algorithm like:MIMXRT105x 8mB QuadSPI NOR Flash

Is there some way i could use SES and jlink download and debug my IMXRT1052 board with winbond25Q32JVS like keil ?

Also MCUXPresso IDE(NXP Offical) has their own general download algorithm for Qspi or Hyper Flash,so jlink could offer a general download dll ?

The post was edited 2 times, last by elmagnificose ().

• Hi elmagnificose,

We gave this a try with the SEGGER FLASH loader and everything works as expected.
    We generelly recommend to use the SEGGER FLASH loader and no third party FLASH loaders.
    If there is any issue with the NXP FLASH loader, please contact NXP in that case.

Fore more information on how to use the SEGGER FLASH loader on the IMXRT1052 see here: wiki.segger.com/i.MXRT1050

Please make sure that the latest Embedded Studio and J-Link Software version is used.

Basically, it is important to ensure that in Embedded Studio, in addition to the target device, the bank address and the loader are specified.
    You can set this as explained in the Wiki article in Embedded Studio options under Debug > J-Link > Additional J-Link Options. There you set e.g. DEVICE_SelectLoader BankAddr=0x60000000 Loader=QSPI

Best Regards,
    Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.