[SOLVED] Debug issue with STM32G491CCU

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Debug issue with STM32G491CCU

Dear Segger

I am porting a small working project over from Crossworks to SES (7.10a)
    When I come to debug, after the download, if you hit continue to start debugging, the processor runs at approximately half speed.
    This lower speed continues during break and continues.
    If you do a restart, the processor then runs at the correct speed throughout the debug session.
    The processor always runs at the correct speed when not connected the Jlink.
    If you instigate a 'build and debug' and hit restart before commencing the session at main, everything works correctly.

It is as if the debugger under SES is messing with some of the clock settings unless a 'restart' is carried out.
    Any ideas what might be behind this issue?
    Many thanks
    James
  • Hello JAP,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The described behavior is not known to us and should of course not occur in this way.
    Could you provide us with an example project for further reproduction steps?

Best Regards,
    Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Lucas

Thanks for the reply and apologies for not getting back earlier as i have been away.
    In my absence a colleague rebuilt the project from scratch and the issue seems to have rectified itself and i don't now have access to the original code that was causing the issue :(
    Looks like something had got corrupted on the import.
    If I see this issue again with this processor, ill be back in touch.
    Many thanks
    James
  • Hi James,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this case as closed now.

Best Regards,
    Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.