[SOLVED] bug report SES ARM V7.10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] bug report SES ARM V7.10

minor GUI bug: Project Explorer column element overlap in 'Dark' mode

When setting the GUI to dark mode (Tools / Options / Environment / User Interface / Theme), column elements in the Project Explorer overlap each other.
    The effect does not happen in "Light" mode.

A screenshot of such an overlap is attached. In this case, it is especially the "modified options" label that extends into neighbouring columns.

Observed under Windows 10.
    Images
    • Bild_2023-02-02_153738533.png

9.34 kB, 288×187, viewed 210 times
  • Hi _frank_

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We could reproduce the described behavior and have put it on our bugtracker.

To receive automated notifications about upcoming Embedded Studio you can subscribe to the following notification list:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=19

However this is not a functional bug so can't name a fixed time schedule.
    Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • > However this is not a functional bug so can't name a fixed time schedule.

I agree.
    It is definitely not a "dealbreaker", not even really annoying.
    But perhaps helpful to improve quality.

The IDE is otherwise quite stable and fast.
    Being often "pestered" with Eclipse IDEs in my dayjob, I really appreciate the GUI and it's approach.

And to add another point here, I would find the following features useful.
    1. export/import of projects as archive, e.g. ZIP
    2. compatibility with crossworks packages (package manager)

Best regards,
    Frank
  • If I might add another, but related point - here the Debug variable view in "Dark Mode":

I checked in Tools->Options->Color Schemes for an option to change the text color for those values.
    Perhaps I missed it ?
  • Hi _frank_

> 1. export/import of projects as archive, e.g. ZIP
    Currently not planned, but has been added to our feature request list.
    However, it is always possible to make the project portable by manually zipping it.

> 2. compatibility with crossworks packages (package manager)

Not possible due to different toolchains.

The poorly visible font color in the Embedded Studio watch window could not be reproduced, downsee the attached screenshot.
    You may have changed a setting that makes the color so hard to see. A possible solution would be to reset the Embedded Studio settings, you can do this as follows:
    Tools -> Admin -> Restore Default Enviroment Settings

and

Tools -> Admin -> Restore Default Window Settings

Please note that this will also reset all other settings.

Best Regards,

Lucas
    Images
    • Screenshot 2023-02-13 134405.png

14.56 kB, 763×358, viewed 88 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Import and export of ZIP archives is a feature MCUXpresso has (the NXP toolchain).
    I only don't like Eclipse in general, nor having a separate toolchain for each vendor.
    Playing mostly with STM32 and LPC MCUs, SES seems the best option for me.

Not possible due to different toolchains.[\quote]
    I did not know that.
    Crossworks uses GCC as well, I assumed they were the same.
    I'm still having a private licence for older V2.x and V3.x Crossworks toolchains.
    Getting a licence for latest version did not work out, because Rowley dropped the payment options I was ready to use.

The poorly visible font color in the Embedded Studio watch window could not be reproduced, downsee the attached screenshot.[\quote]
    You might be right.
    I remember I had changed a setting from "Light" to "Dark", but not the one in Tools->Options->Color Schemes.
    Now I couldn't even set it back to "Light".
    But the "Tools->Admin->Restore Default Enviroment Settings" action did the trick.