[SOLVED] ES installation & deinstallation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ES installation & deinstallation

Hello, I'm having a question to the Embedded Studio installation and update mechanism.
    I had installed ES (for ARM) V6.22a some while ago, and it worked fine.

A few days ago, I follwed the suggestion to update to V7.10, which works fine, too.
    I could immediately continue with my projects with the new version.

Now, since I don't need two versions of the same IDE, I wanted to install Version 6.22 - under Window$, by the way.

And here is my question:
    The version V6.22a has a registered installation size of about 2,5 GByte, V7.10 of only 500 MByte.
    Which suggests V7.10 is more of an update, not a standalone installation.
    Could I uninstall the older version (V6.22a) without damaging my installation ?

Thanks !
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Every Embedded Studio version works standalone.
    The difference with the latest version is simply that we are now building the architecture specific standard libraries on demand. Thus the installer and initial installation size of Embedded Studio is reduced drastically.

So yes, you can install and uninstall every Embedded Studio version that you have without impacting one another as they are all independent installs.

I hope that clarifies it.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.