[SOLVED] Recent linux SystemView version missing serial port dialog

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Recent linux SystemView version missing serial port dialog

Hi all,

As in the topic.

In the recent linux version of SystemView (3.42) after I set serial port as the way of recording events normally I should be redirected to dialog where I can choose serial port. Instead of this I can see this dialog:

I compared to previous version and in 3.20 everything is ok.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Pawel
  • Hello Pawel,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The described behaviour is not reproducible for us.
    If I have a COM port device connected to my host PC, one I click OK I get the selection dialogue to pick which COM Port I want.
    This works for both 3.42 and 3.20 for me.

Could you check in your device manager if your UART/COM Port device shows up correctly?
    If yes, could you provide a screenshot of the entry?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Pawel,

That is strange indeed. Do you see the same behaviour with the latest V3.50a release of SystemView?

If yes, do you have another Linux VM or PC to test against? Do you see the same behaviour there?
    Which Linux are you using exactly?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• I checked other linux (ubuntu) computer with the same result - in recent version it doesn't work
    I also checked text strings in app and it looks like before SystemView was looking for serial ports in different locations

So 3.20
    /sys/class/tty/

and 3.50
    /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/

The latter limits serial ports only to usb devices I think. It would be nice to revert it.
  • I can confirm the behavior under Debian testing: v3.30 works with UART, v3.32 shows described box and then no communication via UART. v3.50a has the same (wrong) effect.

Edit: happens with 64bit .deb and portable version as well
  • Hello,

We were able to identify the cause of the issue and it will be fixed with the next SystemView release.
    To get notified automatically when it becomes available we recommend to subscribe to our release notification mailinglist:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,204

As a workaround we recommend to use older SystemView versions for now.

Best regards,
    Nino