Simple KEYBOARD widget example

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

I agree, the example in the wiki is a bit overblown if a file system is not required. We will provide a simpler example soon, I will let you know once it is published.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Viktor,

I have just updated the wiki example. The old example "KEYBOARD_Usage" has been renamed to "KEYBOARD_Advanced". And now there is also a stripped-down version called "KEYBOARD_Simple". This one only shows how to use a predefined layout. The export and import of pattern and layout files to the file system is not included in that example. You can find the new example here.

Best regards,
      Florian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Viktor,

Yes, as of right now the KEYBOARD widget does not send any notifications to its parent window. It is not necessary to react on notifications because the KEYBOARD stores the pressed keys into the key buffer. This will automatically trigger a WM_KEY message to the window that currently has the focus.

Best regards,
      Florian