[SOLVED] Cannot debug for nRF52840, but project builds just fine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Cannot debug for nRF52840, but project builds just fine

Hello,

I searched through the forum before posting this. I have the Nordic SDK at the following location: C:\Nordic\SDK. All of the drivers and examples can be found in lower directories. My project is based off of Noridc's BLE_Blinky project.

After uploading the relevant files to my repository, I cloned the project to a new directory on the same PC: B:\Projects\PDS\Phase2\Software\KtaSoftware. There are a number of reasons why I needed to make this move.

After this move, I changed a number of the include paths to be relative, and defined some of my own macros so that everything would build. This is all working fine.

However, when trying to debug on the nRF52480-DK, I can connect, but then the debug screen completely blank (see attached image). The IDE is acting like it cannot locate the source, the object, or the disassembly. I have searched and searched for paths, which could still be pointing to the old location, but am just not finding anything. Does anyone have suggestions?

Much appreciated!
    Images
    • SeggerDebugPicture.GIF

420.2 kB, 1,850×1,062, viewed 270 times
  • Hello Noggin,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We could not reproduce the described behavior.
    Please make sure that you are using the Embedded Studio version v5.42a recommended by Nordic in the Nordic SDK release notes.
    Generely it looks like the output path in the .elf file do not match the source paths on your host system, so the debugger cannot reference the source code to the binary code.
    If the behavior persists, we recommend to contact Nordic support.
    Other Embedded Studio might not be compatible to this version of Nordic SDK.

If you are using a bluetooth stack on your device, the following article on "Monitor Mode Debugging on Nordic nRF52" might be helpful:
    wiki.segger.com/nRF52_Series_D…Debugging_on_Nordic_nRF52

Here we also explain what Monitor Mode Debugging is all about:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…y/monitor-mode-debugging/

Best Regards,
    Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.