[SOLVED] JLinkDevices folder is not deep searched on Linux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLinkDevices folder is not deep searched on Linux

The wiki page (J-Link Device Support Kit - SEGGER Wiki) says "Customers may freely structure the folder into subfolders with a maximum depth of 4"
    This feature works fine on Windows. For example, the following structure works:

Source Code

1. Roaming
    2. - SEGGER
    3. - JLinkDevices
    4. - folder1
    5. - folder2
    6. - devices.xml
    However, such a structure doesn't work on Linux:

Source Code

1. .config
    2. - SEGGER
    3. - JLinkDevices
    4. - folder1
    5. - folder2
    6. - devices.xml
    Whereas this does work:

Source Code

1. .config
    2. - SEGGER
    3. - JLinkDevices
    4. - devices.xml
    It looks like the Linux version is missing this search depth feature, so it only looks for XML files at the JLinkDevices directory.

I'm using V7.84b.
  • Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
    I cannot confirm this. Just tested this under Linux Mint and the deep search is working correctly, as far as I can see:

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I have something to add:
    While I do not see how it could happen that directories were not deep searched,
    I could identify a bug that caused directories above $HOME/.config/SEGGER/JLinkDevices were also searched by accident.
    This will be fixed in V7.86b which is going to be released later today.
    Maybe worth a try to check if that solves the issue you are seeing as well.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.