[ABANDONED] Failed to open open data file.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Failed to open open data file.

Hello,

I'm using J-Link Ultra+ and J-link J-flash v7.70c.

I can do debugging an elf using Ozone. However, I cannot flash an elf using J-flash.

Currently, I change a file format from *.elf to *.srec and flash it to the board if I want to do the debugging.

I'm using Greenhills compiiler for Infineon Traveo CYT2B9 MCU.

J-flash says "Failed to open open data file.".

I can barely find related posts in this forum, which seems strange for me because I think there are many similar cases with mine.

COuld anyone give me some advice what to do?

Thank you and regards,
    Jongtae

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jongtae Park ().

• Hi,

ELF files generated by Greenhills are not supported by Ozone and neither they are by J-Flash. They might work but no guarantees given.
    Reason is that Greenhills uses a proprietary format (at least for the debug info) by default but even with the “generate DWARF info” things sometimes are not really usable without knowing GHS internals.

If you send the ELF file via PM, we are willing to have a quick look at J-Flash, but I cannot guarantee for anything. The result may still be: “Not supported”
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.