[SOLVED] Custom memory read method for Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Custom memory read method for Ozone

Hi,

I'm using Ozone to debug CYT2B Infineon Traveo II MCUs.
    Is there a way of override standard method of rading flash which is used by the memory window?
    The problem is that the Traveo II workflash memory is differential flash, meaning standard read from non-programmed pages will result in
    reading random data. This behaviour is described in the MCU technical reference.

Is that possible to override the standard memory access functions to read data when the read is being performed to populate the memory window?
    I wanted to use fault subsystem to detect not yet written pages (detect and indicate ECC errors while reading memory), and instead of showing random data show -- -- -- -- there, like it is the case for other MCU families, like SAMV7.
    I assume that using custom flashloader and implementing there mandatory API + SEGGER_FL_Read for reading data in custom way will not solve my problem,
    because the flashloader is used only while downloading the code, right? I assume is cannot be executed during the debugging (this obviously make no sense).

Is there any way to achieve this functionality? Alternatively will custom flash loader be able to correctly dump memory in terms of erased pages with JFlash and show empty regions (with -- -- -- --) when used with custom flashloader and Read back option?
    I'll appreciate your help.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Renegad ().

• Ozone uses the J-Link for accessing the hardware and does not deploy its own memory access scheme. When populating the memory window Ozone asks J-Link to provide the content of the memory and displays the result.

Maybe the SmartView feature is the tool of choice for your purpose: You might implement a SmartView plug-in which allows you to access the differential flash memory in the special way required for your purpose and display the contents in a table. The SmartView window is described in section 4.15 of the Ozone user's manual, the plug-in in section 6.4. In Section 6.4.5 you find a little sample plug-in depicting what a script looks like. Your script might want to read the memory cells, identify ECC errors and display either the memory contents in the respective table cell or "--".
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.