[ABANDONED] Setting a breakpoint from anywhere

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Setting a breakpoint from anywhere

Hi all,

I am really enjoying using O-Zone as a debugger. It is great!

I have a question regarding setting of breakpoints. As far as I know I can set a breakpoint by right-clicking on "Brake & Tracepoints" panel and choosing "Set breakpoint" option. I can also left-click anywhere on this panel to activate it and then press CTRL+ALT+B which will do the same. But... Is there any way to configure O-zone to have this key binding globally available? It is a bit cumbersome to always need first click on "Brake & Tracepoints" panel just in order to set one breakpoint. It can sound strange but is just slows always a bit my work. ;) At my daily job I just want to open O-Zone, hit CTRL+ALT+B and set my breakpoint, without any use of mouse. Is that possible? If not, do you have plans to implement it?

Kind regards
    Adam
  • Hello Adam,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can use the F9 button on your keyboard as documented in the user manual.

Does that work for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Well... Not exactly. F9 is fine, but only if you are actually in the file and especially in the place you want to put a breakpoint. So, I need to first touch with mouse some exact line in source viewer and then F9 will work.

At my daily job I just want to immediately set a breakpoint at some function, which name I know upfront, which is not even at any opened file. I just want to open O-Zone, hit CTRL+ALT+B wherever I could be, type the name of function and bam - I have a breakpoint - without even touching a mouse. So simple and fast.

CTRL+ALT+B should be just a global key binding, like is e.g. CTRL+O (Open file). :)

Best regards
    Adam
  • Hi Adam,
    another option would be using the console window and issuing the command Break.SetOnSrc ("<function name>");
    Which Ozone version do you use? I just checked with Ozone V3.28b on Windows 10 and found that [ctrl]-[alt]- works in quite a lot of windows, including "Source Files", "Break & Tracepoints", "Console", "Call Graph" and, of course, "Source viewer/editor". If the hot key is pressed in any of those windows, the Set/Clear Breakpoint dialog opens.
    Could you please double check on your system?
    Best regards
    -- AlexD

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Alex,

Thank you for your suggestions. I've installed V3.28b of Ozone and unfortunately, it works still the same. I need to grab a mouse, left click on "Break & Tracepoints" panel, and only then I will be able to issue CTRL+ALT+B hotkey that will open "Set/Clear breakpoint" dialog. When having focus on any other panel (either current source file editor, registers, global data, etc) this hotkey is not working...

Kind regards
    Adam

The post was edited 1 time, last by ram.techen ().

• Hi Adam,
    on which OS are you working? MacOS? Linux? 32 Bit? 64 Bit? Which OS version?
    Best regards
    -- AlexD