[SOLVED] J-Link OB Firmware for Micro:bit v2.2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link OB Firmware for Micro:bit v2.2

I wanted to follow up on whether there are any plans for creating a J-Link firmware image for the Micro:bit v2.2.

The background is that the version 2.2 of the Micro:bit was created due to supply-chain issues with obtaining the NXP KL27 chip. Version 2.2 instead uses the nRF52820 (see here). Every Micro:bit I've been able to purchase in the last 6-10 months has been a version 2.2 Micro:bit. It was previously discussed in April that the existing firmware image doesn't work on version 2.2 boards due to the changed interface microcontroller: forum.segger.com/index.php/Thr…6/?postID=30989#post30989

I currently teach a course on embedded systems using the Micro:bit v2 and J-Link tools. Being able to use J-Link tools for the course has been fantastic! Unfortunately, due to hardware availability we're going to have to use the Micro:bit v2.2 board in coming quarters. I wanted to raise the issue again to see if anything had changed before re-doing my build system for a different debug/JTAG application.

Thanks
    -Branden
  • Hi Brandon,
    This is not forgotten.
    We are planning to do this at some point in the future.

Please understand that the Micro:bit ports are pure charity projects and thus mean zero business for SEGGER.
    Therefore we have to prioritize paid projects, which we are currently fully booked with.

These ports are a considerable amount of work we do not have the resources for right now,
    as the current project/order situation simply does not allow it.

Unfortunately, this also means that we can not provide a timeline for when we will be able to tackle this.

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.