Language Independent Text Resource for AppWizard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Language Independent Text Resource for AppWizard

Hi.

I'm evaluating emWin/AppWizard using a Renesas board.
      I have a case where strings (text) will always be shown in English regardless of language settings.
      When using AppWizard it seems like I need to add the same text for all languages.
      Is there a default language/text concept in AppWizard where the default will be used when text from other languages are not defined?

• Hi,

Unfortunately there currently is no such feature as you are describing it. You would have to add the same text for all languages so that when the language index is changed, the text stays the same.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hello Florian,

Thank you for the reply.

Since texts will always be in English language and there will be a lot of text, I'm planning to implement it like the following.
      - For the screens that support multiple languages, I will set the application language dynamically based on the user selected setting.
      - For the screens that are fixed to English language, I will set the application language to English.

Do you think there will be any problem with this approach?

Best Regards,
      Rowel