[SOLVED] VCS integration: SVN not activated (v6.40 for macOS)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] VCS integration: SVN not activated (v6.40 for macOS)

I have created a project and stored it in a subversion repository. When I open the project from the SVN working directory on Windows, VCS integration in Segger Embedded Studio v6.40 is working properly. When I do the same for the same project on MacOS, VCS integration stays inactive.

On Windows I only had to configure the SVN executable path to the svn.exe installed by TortoiseSVN.

On macOS, I tried pointing the path to either /usr/local/bin/svn, which is a symbolic link (created by homebrew) to /usr/local/Cellar/subversion/1.14.2_1/bin/svn, or to the link target directly - but nothing works.

Any hints on how to get it to work on macOS?
  • Hi gSESm22,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The described behavior could not be reproduced.
    Please note that the Embedded Studio has no facility to create repositories from scratch, nor to clone, pull, or checkout repositories to a working copy: it is your responsibility to create a working copy outside of Embedded Studio using your selected command-line client or Windows Explorer extension.
    For more information please follow this wiki article: wiki.segger.com/VCS_Configuration

Best Regards,

Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Lucas wrote:

Please note that the Embedded Studio has no facility to create repositories from scratch, nor to clone, pull, or checkout repositories to a working copy: it is your responsibility to create a working copy outside of Embedded Studio using your selected command-line client or Windows Explorer extension.
    I am fully aware of that, and for the same repository VCS integration works just fine on Windows.

I suspect that on MacOS *something* is wrong with my SVN executable and/or the path that I configure. If only I could get some kind of useful error message from SES telling me, what the problem actually is.
  • Hi gSESm22,

We could not reprduce the described behavior on a MacOS system (Version 13.0 Ventura).
    We were able to use the svn integration in Embedded Studio with the above mentioned macOS setup exactly as documented in our Wiki.
    There is probably an issue with your SVN executable.

Generally Embedded Studio does not support logging functions for third party software.
    Please understand that we can't provide additional support in this matter as the issue is not caused by SEGGER products.
    We will consider this thread as closed now.

Best regards,
    Lucas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longerperiods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket
    Or you can contact us via e-mail.