[ABANDONED] ​J-link PRO: Interrupt setup problem??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] ​J-link PRO: Interrupt setup problem??

I am using an NXP S32K344EVB-Q172 for firmware development, using primarily NXP RTD firmware plus my application code with IAR Embedded Workbench. I can flash the code and run / debug using the on-board PEmicro debugger.

I am trying to switch over to the J-link PRO debugger we will use with our target board. I can connect the J-link PRO and download the code with no problems, but when the interrupt setup code is executed and I attempt to write to the NVIC to enable the interrupt (the first one is PIT_0) with the following line of code:

S32_NVIC->ISER[(uint32)(eIrqNumber) >> 5U] = (uint32)(1UL << ((uint32)(eIrqNumber) & (uint32)0x1FU));

The processor goes to an undefined_handler routine:

void undefined_handler(void)
    {
    while(TRUE){};
    }

This behavior occurs on the SDK I'm using, and I have also observed it with my target board.

This does NOT occur when I use the on-board PEmicro debugger, so I suspect I've got something improperly set. The J-link PRO seems to be unable to properly set interrupts.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  • We do not see why this should not work.
    Would it be possible to get your project that can run on the S32K344EVB-Q172 and allows reproduction of the problem?
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.