CPU performance improvement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CPU performance improvement

Hi emWin Team,
      I want to improve CPU performance on emWin for that I need help from your end.
      I am using MIMXRT1060_EVKB kit and develop the UI screen using APPWizard V130_626d and use For CPU load calculation I have used “OS_STAT_GetLoadMeasurement” API.
      Do you have any reference code that use Hardware acceleration module?
      How can I excecated code from the RAM on SEGGER Embedded Studio?
      Do you support "Cacheable Container" kind of functionality as supported by TouchGFX?
      Is there any other way by which way can get better performance?
      Thanks,
      Nalin
    • Hi Nalin,

Currently, NXP's Pixel Processing Pipeline is not supported.

nalinnakum wrote:

How can I excecated code from the RAM on SEGGER Embedded Studio?

You can find a tutorial on how to do this in our wiki.

nalinnakum wrote:

Do you support "Cacheable Container" kind of functionality as supported by TouchGFX?

As far as I understand the cacheable containers by TouchGFX is that they are drawing caches in RAM. emWin offers this kind of functionality with Memory Devices.

The basic principle is the same: expensive drawing operations are done only once and drawn into the frame buffer of the memory device. Then, you can write the contents of the memory device to the display as often as you need to. Writing a memory device to the display is only a simple memcpy() operation, therefore much faster. emWin's memory device module also offers manipulation routines e.g. for scaling, rotating, blending or blurring memory devices.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Florian, Thanks for your reply. I don't want to put particular function or variable at particular location instead I want to execute whole code from the SDRAM or OCRAM on SEGGER Embedded Studio. This kind of facility is provided on MCUXpresso as "Link application to RAM".
      Thanks again,
      Nalin