[SOLVED] v3.28a: OS Plugin not working as in v3.26h

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] v3.28a: OS Plugin not working as in v3.26h

Hi,

with version 3.26h it was possible to jump to the current location of a task by double clicking the entry in the RTOS plugin view. Also the task status was highlighted with different colors.
    With version 3.28a jumping is not possible anymore, and the status has no highlighting.

Has the RTOS api changed or is this gui bug?
  • Hi Oliverb,

which RTOS are you using and which RTOS awareness plug-in?

Please note that in the older Ozone versions there was a DLL interface for RTOS plug-ins which was discontinued quite a while ago and removed from Ozone in version 3.28. Instead, the JavaScript plug-in interface is being used. In section 6.3 of the Ozone user's manual you find a documentation of the plug-in I/F.

Best regards
    AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • In your Ozone project file (*.jdebug) there is a statement Project.SetOSPlugin ("<filename>"); Here you need to replace <filename> with the corresponding RTOS awareness script. For FreeRTOS there are multiple flavors provided with Ozone, you can find them in the installation directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\SEGGER\Ozone V3.28a\Plugins\OS. Please pick the one that fits your core.

You may wish to have a look at section 7.9.14.10 in the Ozone User's Manual where the Project.SetOSPlugin() command in general is documented and loading the script for the FreeRTOS-flavors in particular.

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Unfortunately, my predecessors are correct there is some problem on the Ozone side when double-clicking on a task it should populate registers and backtrace a call stack for a selected task. For some reason, it works in 3.26i and is broken in 3.28 versions. I spent today couple of hours trying to figure out what was going on until I found this post... Obviously I know how to load an OS Plugin
  • Hi Chrishock,
    I did a quick check with an embOS application and this worked well, in particular the Call stack is displayed correctly.
    Which RTOS plug-in did you use in 3.26i and which are you using in the 3.28? Does the issue persist with Ozone 3.28b?
    Best regards
    -- AlexD

• We found an issue in the RTOS window handling which might have led to the described issues. We fixed the issue with Ozone 3.28c.