[ABANDONED] JLinkExe in background mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLinkExe in background mode

Hello,

I saw this thread about using RTTLogger in background mode, and I have the same issue with JLinkExe: forum.segger.com/index.php/Thr…gger-in-background-mode/?

My question is: will this change be only for RTTLogger, or does it share a common backend with other tools and thus allow other Segger Tools, such as JLinkExe, to run in the background?

How we found this: My team updated our version of Segger Tools to version v7.82, but this broke one of our scripts that ran JLinkExe in the background and then accessed the device connected to the JLink over netcat (nc). When we downgraded back to v6.98 we were able to run JLinkExe in the background and connect over netcat.

We are using JLink BASE Compact's that are connected to raspberry pi's.

Thank you,

Grant
  • Hi,

AFAIK, the change was solely for RTTLogger and even for the logger out of my head, I am not sure if it made it into an official version yet. Most plans changed last week because of multiple people called in sick.

For JLinkExe (J-Link Commander) I am not aware of any recent change that could change background mode behavior.
    However, J-Link Commander has never been tested with background mode and is not guaranteed to be supported in it.
    It is a getting started and mostly analysis tool, for customer support.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Grant,
    Could you please answer the following questions, so we can have a quick look?

How exactly are you calling the J-Link commander?
    What commands are you executing and how do you execute them exactly?
    Could you please provide
    1) a J-Link Log file? How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File
    2) the full output of the commander session?

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.