[SOLVED] SystemView hangs when a module is registered

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SystemView hangs when a module is registered

I am currently in the process of instrumenting a MICROSAR OS based application on an NXP S32K148 ARM Cortex M4 processor. The relevant code looks like this:

C Source Code

1. static void _cbSendTestModuleDesc(void);
    2. static SEGGER_SYSVIEW_MODULE TestModule =
    3. {
    4. "M=Test, 0 myTest void", // sModule
    5. 1, // NumEvents
    6. 0, // EventOffset, Set by SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RegisterModule()
    7. _cbSendTestModuleDesc, // pfSendModuleDesc, NULL: No additional module description
    8. NULL, // pNext, Set by SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RegisterModule()
    9. };
    10. static void _cbSendTestModuleDesc(void)
    11. {
    12. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RecordModuleDescription(&TestModule, " T=TS, S='Test Module'");
    13. }
    14. void traceInitialize()
    15. {
    16. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf();
    17. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RegisterModule(&TestModule);
    18. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Start();
    19. }
    Display All
    However SystemView records only a few milliseconds of activity and then hangs. The controller itself is running and with the debugger I see that the SystemView API is called correctly. If I comment out the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RegisterModule(&TestModule); line then everything is working as expected. I am only registering the module, there are no event calls yet.
    When the SystemView application is in this "semi frozen" state I can not stop the recording. When I close the application via File -> Exit then it is still running in the background and needs to be terminated with the Task Manager. Also I see that 1 module is registered from the start event but the properties view shows 0 modules, I suspect that the module description is not sent correctly (see the attached screenshot). Any ideas on how to pursue this issue?
    Images
    • Unbenannt.png

134.98 kB, 1,920×1,040, viewed 197 times
  • After a lot of trial and error I found out that my sModule string is wrong and that I also need a module description file additionally, this thread can be closed. Still it is not nice that SystemView just hangs in this case