LM3S9B96 + ST M29W320EB 4Mbit External Flash Programming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LM3S9B96 + ST M29W320EB 4Mbit External Flash Programming

Hello,

How can I configure J-Flash ARM v4.28 in order to program code both to internal and external flash with J-Link ARM?
    I tried to configure the project settings with no success. Here's a summary when I connect the device:
    • First, found core ID is 0x4BA00477 and expected 0x3BA00477 (mask is 0xFFFFFFFF)
    • Manufacturer Flash ID is 0xAAAAAAAA and expect 0x00202257 and it is failed to connect.
    • Finally, If I uncheck flash ID option, board is connected but I'm not able to program.
    And here's some screenshots:

Could anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
    Gaston
  • Hi Gaston,

Currently, multi-bank support is given for Flasher ARM only.
    But the implementation for J-Flash GUI and command line programming is already
    under development and will be in one of the next version which will be built in the next weeks.

For now, you will need 2 separate J-Flash projects, one which is configured to program the internal flash and one which is configured to program the external flash.

Regarding the core ID problem: Simply select 0x0FFFFFFF as mask (see MaskSettings.gif).
    We need to update our MCU files in J-Flash regarding this.
    This will also be done in one of the next versions.

Best regards
    Alex
    Images
    • MaskSettings.gif

9.48 kB, 476×500, viewed 848 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.