[SOLVED] Active read and/or write protection pop-up window

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Active read and/or write protection pop-up window

Is there any way to handle the read/write protection pop up window in a JLink commander script? It is quite annoying that instead of having that question appear in the terminal, it comes up as a pop up.

And I want a way in my Jlink script to answer "No", or ensure it is "No" if a user has remembered selected action as "Yes"
    Images
    • Screenshot from 2022-09-30 06-57-58.png

47.55 kB, 799×212, viewed 209 times
  • Showing it in a terminal is not doable because it would completely hide it in all IDEs and the majority of customers are happy about the dialog because 95% of the time they lock their chips by accident and would not even realize that they did things wrong, without that dialog.

There is no way to issue a „no“ selection via a script if the user selected „yes + remember“, as it would not make sense to have a remember option if it would be ignored anyhow…

What you can do is adding your own script that includes a InitTarget() and SetupTarget() function. This will override the default script of the software (the ones that shows the dialog and does the unlock logic).
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks Alex.

Are there any website links that you can point me towards that could give some examples and/or guidance on developing ones own scripts with the InitTarget() and SetupTarget() functions?
  • Hi,
    Yes there is:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_script_files

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.