[SOLVED] PICO J-Link Ultra+

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PICO J-Link Ultra+

Hi,
    I have a J-Link Ultra+ V1.00 with host firmware from 2013 Dec 3 14:27 and Probe Firmware from 2013 Dec 3 14:27. (Isn't there a newer version?)

I am trying to debug Raspberry PI PICO using IAR 9.30.1 I get the error:

The connected J-Link (SN: 5012***30) does not support SWD multi-drop.
    Debugging an SWD mult-drop system is not possible.

So I try to use J-Flash:

I configure the pico, change the speed to 100K and click connect and get the same error.

I have tried to read your forums on this issue and doesn't seem like a definitive answer is ever given. The Ultra+ is suppose to support ARM M0 so not sure what is the issues.

Pins from J-link
    Pin 1 - goes to Pin 36 on PICO
    Pin 4 - goes to debug gnd PICO
    Pin 7 - goes to SWDIO on PICO
    Pin 9 - goes to SWCLK on PICO

I can read the processor serial, etc, but get the above error.f

What gives?

• [SOLVED] PICO J-Link Ultra+

The error message is pretty clear….
    The Pico MCU requires the probe to support the SWD multi-drop debug feature.
    This is not supported by your 9+ year old J-Link.
    You need a current J-Link hardware.
    This might be of interest for you:
    segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you.. Yes, I know it is old, like me.. but, when we purchase the ultra+ it said it was "Future Proof". That the firmware could be updated to support any new technology. I assuming that was over come by events. Can you tell me which models will support Pico? Do I just reorder the Ultra+?