[SOLVED] ozone and bare metal assembly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ozone and bare metal assembly

Forgive me if this is obvious, but I didn't see anything in a search of the Forum. I code in "bare metal assembly", no OS, no C. I've got a J-link Plus (recent acquisition), and I'm working on a fairly complex application with the STM32F730Z8. I'm using the GCC toolset for assembly. So far I've been using the J-link to write flash, and the mem tool to peer into memory for debugging. I would like to use Ozone for debugging, but can't figure out how to link it to my source code. I am quite aware that it is a tool optimized for debugging with C-source, but it does also allow debugging in-line assembly, and supports the GCC assembler, so I have hopes that it will work in some fashion for assembly-only. Is there an ap note, instruction sheet, thread, or any other info to help me with this? Thanks for any help! Jeff Casey / Rockfield Research Inc. / Las Vegas, NV / casey@rockfieldresearch.com
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Your GCC toolchain should give you some elf output file.
    If you load that up in Ozone the assembly sources should be referenced automatically.
    Just make sure that you set compiler options so debug info is generated. Otherwise the source file reference might be missing from the resulting elf file.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.